Friday, December 11, 2009

Behold!!!! The Beardedlobster!!!!!!!

As many of you may already know, my nickname's Lobster. I would like to say that I acquired my hard shelled moniker as the result of the propensity my skin has to cook when exposed to even the most meager amount of sunlight. Or that I have a hard exterior but a soft, sensitive soul. And no, my hands are not shaped like a lobster's claws. Nope, none of those explanations have anything to do with how I acquired my unusual and deeply coveted nickname. A friend who wasn't even intoxicated tried to say my name and it just came out "lobster". We were not passing a seafood restaurant. There was no sign with a lobster on it. A song about lobsters was not playing on the radio. None of us were even thinking about seafood. We weren't even hungry. No, my nickname came about from plain old aphasia. Apparently at that moment, my friend's brain was trying to access my name and a neuron jumped the tracks and landed on lobster. Strange the little things that occur which shape our lives.

So anyway, having completely fallen head over heals, Romeo and Juliet in love with my lobsterness I began to seek out all things lobster. Having finally decided it was time for this geekboy to purchase my own domain name, I had to have something with lobster in it. So I busted out my trusty web browser and went to work on something other than downloading porn and playing counterstrike.

I decide to purchase the domain through google apps since I am all things google. Lobster.com.......taken. Lobster.org..........taken. Geeklobster.com..........taken. Zombielobster.........taken. I was beginning to get frustrated. Evidently I wasn't the only one in love with the lobster. That's when I had an epiphany. At the time I was sporting a goatee. No mustache. Just the traditional chin and lower jaw whiskers. Technically it constituted a beard though it was more of what I now consider just plain facial hair. That and facialhairlobster.com just didn't roll off the tongue very well. So as the tension builds in the back of my throat and down my arms to my hands I type in beardedlobster.com. After a few agonizing seconds I get the message........."not taken". JOY!!!!! I was beardedlobster.com! Trumpets sounded and confetti dropped from the ceiling!!!!!! I had my own unique domain name that was all me!!!!! Happiness ensued and lobster's all over the world made squeaky noises in celebration!!!!

A few years later and I still am as in love with my moniker as I was the day it was bestowed upon me. And now I have finally grown into the beardedlobster. Well at least my face has. I decided to supplement the chin whiskers with a facefull of man hair. So behold!!!! The Beardedlobster!!!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment